SHRM State Legislative Resources
State Governors and legislatures play an essential role in the creation of workplace policy. Find the latest resources and information pertaining to state legislation relating to America’s workplaces.
SHRM State Legislative Tracker:
Using SHRM’s brand-new legislative tracking system-receive real-time information about legislation affecting the world of work in your state.
- Background/Credit Checks
- Disability Employment
- Employee/Employer Drug Testing
- Medical Marijuana/Cannabis
- Workers Compensation
- Right to Work
- Unemployment Insurance
- Union Organizing/Collective Bargaining
- Veterans Hiring
- Discrimination in the Workplace
- Domestic Violence/Workplace Bullying
- Equal Pay/Comparable Worth
- Hazard Pay
- Minimum Wage
- Harassment in the Workplace
- Overtime Pay
- Payroll Cards
- Social Media Passwords
- Wage Theft
- Weapons in the Workplace
Workplace Health Care
Workplace Flexibility & Leave
California Public Policy:
- Find the latest on California HR and employment law news, and analysis of state legislation and regulations by visiting SHRM’s California Public Policy page.
Subscribe to SHRM’s HR Policy Briefing
- Keep up with SHRM advocacy on laws and regulations that govern the workplace in this biweekly newsletter, delivered on Tuesday afternoons. Subscribe today.
For additional SHRM state legislative resources, please contact Sean McIntosh, Senior Specialist, Member Advocacy.